Halloween is one of my most favorite Holidays! I love getting our family and friends together and coming up with some cool themed foods for our parties. Today we had a Zombie Party and here are some fun recipes to get your own Zombie Party on!
- 1/2 gallon Limeade
- 1 liter Sprite
- Lime Sherbet
- 1. In a large punch bowl mix together limeade and Sprite.
- 2. Scoop Sherbet into punch.
- 3. Serve Chilled
- Optional add plastic spiders or bugs
- 1 LG. Package Green (Lime) Jello
- Gummy bugs or plastic cockroaches
- 1. Mix Jello according to directions on package.
- 2. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3. Add bugs.
- 4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread, sliced
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (8 oz.) sour cream
- 8 oz. greek yogurt
- 1 pkg. dried vegetable soup mix
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Cut bread slices into tombstone type shapes. Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until crisp.
- 3. Mix all remaining ingredients together.
- 4. To give your "tombstones" an added umph; mix a drop of food coloring to some mayo & pipe on R.I.P to the bread.
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered
- 10 large hot dogs
- Mayo mixed with 1 drop green food coloring
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- 3. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- 4. Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for some eyes. On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down).
- 5. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot.
- 6. With mayo mixture, draw on eyeballs.
For dessert we had Dirt Cups!
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 15 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups), divided
- 10 bug gummies
- 1. Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min.
- 2. Stir in COOL WHIP and 1/2 cup cookie crumbs.
- 3. Spoon into 10 (6- to 7-oz.) paper or plastic cups (we used smaller cups for the party); top with remaining cookie crumbs.
- 4.Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with gummies just before serving.
Everyone had a blast!