Mini Meatloaf Cakes

(I need to get a better photo of these, my sister graciously sent me this one off her phone because I keep forgetting to take one when we make it.)

My kids HATE meatloaf! They seriously hear the word and gag but they actually really like the stuff! The stigma of television and peers have wired my childrens brains into thinking that meatloaf is some disgusting food that worms are going to crawl out of and eat them before they eat it, so I had to get creative with how I prepare and what I call meatloaf.

For my kids everything tastes better when its made in a muffin tin! Somehow disgusting meatloaf has become super yummy meat cakes that they have no problem eating it! I really like preparing meals in muffin tins because they are the perfect portion for kids. This recipe is super easy to make and tastes really great. Serve with your favorite veggies and you have yourself a great meal!

Are my kids the only ones that refuse to eat food because of peer pressure? If not, how do you get your kids to eat things that they don’t like just because of what it’s called?

Mini Meatloaf Cakes

Mini Meatloaf Cakes

Ingredients

• 2 lb ground beef
  • 1 package of onion soup mix
  • 1 brown gravy package
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 C milk
  • 1 au jus package

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Mix all ingredients together.
  3. Squish in muffin tins.
  4. Bake for 30 min (or no longer pink in middle).
  5. Top with prepared mashed potatoes (piping this makes it look fancier), shredded cheese and bacon bits.
  6. Enjoy!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Comments

1. That looks great!

2. What an awesome idea! Thanks!

3. Mary Diehl says:

This is a great idea to do with meatloaf and I’m sure the kids would eat it with the mashed potatoes for frosting. I’m gonna try it. I also like the tin idea because it would get them to eat things and it is the perfect size, Thank you for the great idea.

4. Laura Jacobson says:

Oh this looks so yummy! I love meatloaf and mashed potatoes together!

5. Patrycja Chudziak says:

OMG this look so delish! I am so making this for dinner tonite..TY for the recipe!

6. This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

7. Rebecca Parsons says:

Believe it or not my kids love meatloaf and would probably love this even more.

8. I love the idea of muffin pan meatloaf! i never thought I liked meatloaf until I made alton brown’s recipe once. Now it’s one of my fav meals. :D

9. I have always wanted to make mini meatloaves and had no idea how long to cook them–love this recipe with the toppers.

10. courtney b says:

I hate meatloaf but this is one I gotta try :)

11. Wow…I’ve always hated meatloaf too, but this recipe is ketchup free, which is hard to find. I’d eat that!

12. I will have to try this! Everyone likes mini foods, it could be fun!

13. Taryn Pasco says:

These look absolutly delish!! & They look as easy to make as a regular meatloaf!!

14. This look delicious!! And easy to make! I think that they would make a great meal anytime for my family!! : )

15. Amy Orvin says:

I love meatloaf! This is something I would really love to make for me and my mom. Thank you for the recipe!

16. Sandy VanHoey says:

I have to try this one. I LOVE the dry onion soup mix and use it for making roast meals. Now time to print. Thanks for sharing!

17. Mary Dailey says:

I like the size because they are very freezable!

18. A great way to serve the dreaded Meatloaf for kids. lol My own would make the loudest gagging noises when they saw we were having meatloaf. I had to use cookie cutters and make shapes for them to eat it. I’m passing this on to my daughter because she has trouble with her son, my grandson eating .Great recipe idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Carol L

19. Great idea! Looks yummy!

20. I love this idea I bet Mason would love it!
    Christa @ Little BGCG recently posted..Mason Monday

21. I’ve actually never had meatloaf! I love anything having to do with a muffin tin though so I’ll have to try this for my family! :)
    Shell Fruscione recently posted..I’m Going to Disney! #DisneyMoviesEvent

22. I just love this idea. When I make an actual loaf I have trouble controlling my portion, this would totally solve that.
    Cat Davis – Food Family Finds recently posted..An #iComfort Serta Mattress from @Sears Could Save My Marriage

23. Stephanie Hirsch says:

YUMMY!! That whole meal looks delicious!

24. I LOVE meatloaf, but my kids not so much. What a great idea to make them into mini cakes. Sometimes its all about presentation with kids.
    Leilani recently posted..I’m Doing an Ultimate Reset

25. How fun! I bet my kids would love those. They don’t have any problem with regular meat loaf but it’s nice to change things up once in a while.
    Tamara recently posted..Join Me For A Back To School Twitter Party With @Walmart #TaxFreeTX