When traveling and vacationing this Summer my number 1 priority is keeping my children safe. So when I got offered to review Safety 1st Advance 70 Air + I was pretty excited!
The Safety 1st Advance 70 Air +, is a convertible car seat which incorporates the same technology that protects INDY and NASCAR drivers in their high performance cars. The patented technology in this new car seat is called GCell HX™, and combined with Safety 1st Air Protect Technology this seat provides full body safety protection in the event of a crash.
The Advance 70 Air + also uses a steel-reinforced metal frame for extra stability and includes a 4-position recline for an optimal fit to your vehicle. They’ve also included color-coded belt paths and installation labels to help you install it quickly and correctly, which means less time getting it into your car and more time to enjoy the ride.
In addition to all of these great features I also LOVE That they have a super extended weight range! Rear facing can be used from 5-40 pounds and Forward facing can be used from 22-70 pounds! Which means even my 8 year old can enjoy the safety and comfort of this car seat!
I also love that they have plastered the sides of the seat with warnings and labels so that you know you are correctly using the seat! Please do make sure you read over not only the car seat manual but also your vehicle manual to ensure proper installation, or better yet take it to the police station and ask them to correctly install it for you!
Julie Vallese, Consumer Safety Expert, agrees that safety should come first and has put together some tips for traveling safe!
Travel Safety tips from Julie Vallese, Consumer Safety Expert
- The safest place to install a car seat is typically in the center of the rear seat.
– Check in with a local Child Passenger Safety Technician to ensure your child’s seat is installed correctly. You can visit a local police station, fire station, AAA office or Safe Kids Chapter for guidance.
– Car seats expire and CarSeat.org recommends that car seats be replaced every 5-8 years. This tip is so important, because more than 40% of the car seats checked during a recent Safety 1st car seat check at the Indy 500 Community Day were replaced due to expiration or a recall.
– Don’t leave a child alone in the car. Hyperthermia is a severe form of heat stroke and last year 32 children died after being left or trapped in a hot vehicle. You can learn more about this issue and easy tips to prevent it here.
– Childproof the inside of the car and eliminate projectiles. Anything in the car that is not secured is a possible projectile – even a child’s toy, or a water bottle. In a crash, objects take on greater weight due to crash forces.
The Next Generation of Car Seat Safety
Air Protect+: How Air Protect with GCell HX™ Works
The technology was developed in partnership with racecar engineers at Bald Spot Sports and INDY Car Driver Scott Dixon to better understand the energy dynamics a high performance driver faces in the event of a crash. GCell HX™ foam designed with hexagonal shapes for superior protection around the torso to protect the child from the multiple hits that can occur in crashes. Coupled with this is the placement of Air Protect® Technology which takes crash forces away from a child’s head.
In addition to being tested rigorously using the Dorel/Kettering method, the Safety 1st Advance 70 Air + features color coded belt paths to ensure that the child restraint is installed and used properly to provide optimal safety.
A convertible car seat that can be used rear facing for children five-40 lbs. and forward facing for children 22 to 70 lbs., the Safety 1st Advance 70 Air + also includes a 10-position headrest, LATCH installation system for faster and easier installation when moving between vehicles, and an integrated cup holder. The car seat is available exclusively at Target for $189.99. You can learn more here: http://safety1st.djgusa.com/article/AllSite/en/Technologies/Safety1stAirProtect
As you can see my darling daughter loves the Safety 1st Advance 70 Air + Convertible Car Seat and so do I!
You can purchase the Safety 1st Advance 70 Air + Convertible Car Seat exclusively at Target for $189.99!
One lucky MSM reader will win their very own Safety 1st Advance 70 Air + Convertible Car Seat!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*We were sent product and/or gift cards for this post. All thoughts expressed are 100% my own. Affiliate links may be used.*