I will never forget the first time my eldest son wrapped his arms around me and the smell of body odor overwhelmed me. I thought wow he’s too young to have B.O. already but then I remembered he isn’t a baby anymore, he is growing and will soon be a teen. Swhen we got the opportunity to try out a “Smellcome to Manhood” kit from Old Spice I got pretty excited! I want my son to learn how to take care of himself but not to choke out the whole house by over spraying either. The Old Spice kit teaches his to scent responsibly and not overload with spray.
To better understand the root of the overspraying issue among guys in the U.S., Old Spice enlisted leading youth market research firm YPulse to survey more than 2,000 guys and girls (ages 13-25), as well as 1,000 moms of teenage boys across the country. Did you know:
- 3 out of 4 young guys and 83 percent of young females admit overspraying is an issue.
- 72 percent of moms think overspraying is an issue, but only 26 percent think their sons are guilty of the offense.
- Nearly 70 percent of guys revealed they weren’t taught how to properly apply Body Spray.
- 45 percent of young guys said they reapply Body Spray because they thought their scent was fading.
- 90 percent of young guys and girls who have been bothered by Body Spray have been bothered by it in school.
Hi I’m Tray and I am Jessica’s son. We got this really cool kit from Old Spice that is Smellcoming me to Manhood, get it? Smellcome? Cause when we grow up sometimes we stink? haha! The kit is really cool! It comes with my own ear buds, a DVD, a book about the art of manliness, some hair stuff, Old Spice sprays and I got my own duct tape, did you know it fixes everything!?
I want to look and smell good but mom says sometimes I overspray and that it defeats its purpose so I am learning that I don’t have to spray a ton to smell good. The kit is really sweet and I want to thank Old Spice for sending it to me.
The kit comes in a “tool kit” type container and includes the following tools a guy needs as he transitions to manhood:
- Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray – “Scent Responsibly” and smell like a man, not a middle school locker room.
- Old Spice Branded Earbuds – James Blunt never sounded so manly.
- “Over the Top” DVD – Dominate at arm wrestling like Lincoln Hawk, without having to go to truck driving school.
- Duct Tape – Fix anything on the planet.
- Old Spice Branded Wood Flash Drive – Important Old Spice files everyone should memorize (Old Spice “Scent Responsibly” education video, Informational Infographic, Fact Sheet, etc.)
- Art of Manliness Book – Becoming a man is an art and a science. It was much safer to send a paperback book than a Bunson Burner.
- Smellcome to Manhood Certificate – A made-up diploma to add to your LinkedIn profile.
This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Old Spice. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine